When applying for life insurance, some applicants can easily qualify for the protection that they need. In other instances, though, the results are not so positive. This may be because an individual has an adverse health issue – such as diabetes, which, in turn, can result in the life insurance underwriters having to take a closer look at their information before making a policy determination.
How Purulent Pleuritis Can Affect Your Life Insurance Application
Purulent Pleuritis, which is also known as pleural empyema, or pyothoras, is defined as an empyema, or an accumulation of pus that forms in the pleural cavity. This occurs when bacteria invade, typically when a person has had pneumonia.
In some cases, the condition is not serious and can easily be resolved with antibiotics. However, in other instances, the condition can become much more serious and can develop into an infection. This may then cause significant scarring, as well as the inability of the lung to expand. In addition to just the lungs, other areas of the body may also be affected – including the joints, the appendix, and even the person’s brain.
Typically, the cause of this condition is from either an abscess in the lung or a case of pneumonia. If the infection is not quickly treated, then it can go into the pleural cavity. In certain instances, it may require surgery to remove.
Some of the common symptoms of Purulent Pleuritis can include chest pain, shortness of breath, fever, dry cough, difficulty with breathing, and/or pleurisy. In other, less common instances, an individual may exhibit weight loss, fatigue, and even a loss of appetite.
If the condition becomes even more severe, his or her blood pressure may drop, along with pulse and respiration. They may also exhibit a high-grade fever, chills, and may even show signs of sepsis, an infection of the blood.
Depending on the severity of Purulent Pleuritis, it can have a definitive effect on a person’s application for life insurance coverage. Therefore, the life insurance underwriters will need to know as much as possible regarding this condition if you are applying for coverage.
What the Insurance Underwriters Will Want to Know If You Have Purulent Pleuritis
Because of your Purulent Pleuritis condition, you will likely be asked by the life insurance underwriters to answer additional, more specific questions regarding your condition, such as the following:
- When were you initially diagnosed with Purulent Pleuritis? Because Purulent Pleuritis is a condition that can be successfully treated, the earlier it is detected, it is possible that it can be well managed. If so, it could be possible to obtain a Standard life insurance policy rating – provided that you are otherwise in very good health.
- If you are currently taking a medication for this particular condition, then it may be a sign that you have an infection – and because of that, the life insurance underwriters may wish to hold off on making a decision on your policy at this time, at least until the infection has been resolved.
- Have you had any symptoms of Purulent Pleuritis within the past six months? Showing symptoms within the past six months may require the insurance underwriters to hold off on making a policy determination until a later time. Some of the most common symptoms of this particular condition can include chest pain, dry cough, and/or having a high-grade fever.
- Do you practice any lifestyle habits that could put you at a higher risk of a recurrence of Purulent Pleuritis? There are certain lifestyle habits that could put you at a higher risk of recurrence of this particular condition. For example, those who have a history of alcohol and / or drug abuse could also have a lower immune system – which is, in turn, considered to be a higher risk factor for recurrence of Purulent Pleuritis.
- Have you had any type of relevant testing performed within the past year? X-rays and/or CT scans may help to better determine your overall health condition. If you have had such tests performed, then the life insurance underwriters may wish to review these results in order to get a better picture of your health condition, as it could help them in making a determination regarding your life insurance coverage.
In addition to answering the above health questions, you will also likely be required to take a medical exam as a part of the life insurance underwriting process. This will entail providing a blood and a urine sample. During the examination, the paramedical professional may also ask you some additional health-related questions. These can also help them in getting a better overall view of your health condition. The underwriters will, however, need your permission to obtain such records.
How Much Will Your Life Insurance Coverage Cost?
The cost of life insurance coverage is dependent upon numerous factors. These can include the type and the amount of protection that is being purchased, as well as on the age and gender of the insured.
Any adverse health conditions of the applicant can also make a difference in the premium price of coverage that is charged.
If, however, you condition is somewhat more serious and / or your health is not considered to be as good as someone who is considered to be average, then you may be able to obtain life insurance coverage. However, the rating of your policy may be at a Substandard level.
Finding the right life insurance coverage for you when you have certain types of health conditions such as Purulent Pleuritis can be much easier when working with a company or an agency that specializes in high-risk life insurance cases.
Where to Find the Best Life Insurance Premium Rates If You Have Purulent Pleuritis
If you are seeking the best life insurance premium rates on coverage with Purulent Pleuritis, then we can help. We work with many of the top life insurance carriers in the industry today – and we can assist you in finding the coverage and the carrier that is right for you. And, we can help you in cutting down a great deal of time and frustration throughout the application process. Check out our quote form on the left!
We can help you in finding the protection that you require for those you care about in case of the unexpected. Don’t let your health condition stop you from applying for the life insurance that you need. We can work with you in finding the right coverage. So, contact us today – we’re here to help.