Getting life insurance approval when you have any type of adverse health condition can be challenging. This is because the insurance company wants to be sure that it is not taking on too much risk in terms of having to pay out a large claim – especially if it must do so soon after an applicant applies for and is accepted for coverage.
When applying for life insurance with Guillain Barre Syndrome, it can be somewhat more difficult to find the exact coverage that you need – unless you know where to look. This acute health condition can severely affect the central nervous system. It is an autoimmune disorder that is characterized by polyneuropathy, and it can oftentimes be triggered by an infection.
The treatment for Guillain Barry Syndrome is typically supportive – and it can be essential if an individual is going to have a positive prognosis going forward. In the majority of cases, individuals can have good recovery within approximately four weeks from the start of their symptoms if they follow proper management procedures. This can also help to improve the chances of obtaining approval for life insurance coverage.
While there are some insurance companies that may turn down applicants who have been diagnosed with this condition – especially if they have complications due to the condition, the good news is that we can help you to find the policy that you need at a premium price that fits well within your budget.
What the Insurance Underwriters Will Need to Know
Those who are seeking life insurance approval with Guillain Barre Syndrome will need to answer certain questions regarding their condition so that the underwriters can get a clearer picture of the risk that the insurer is taking on. This will also help the underwriters to more appropriately price the policy’s premium.
Some of the questions about your condition that you will likely be required to answer include the following:
- When were you initially diagnosed with Guillain Barre Syndrome? Guillain Barry Syndrome is a condition that is manageable, provided that it is detected and managed early on. Therefore, if the symptoms of respiratory involvement have not left any type of more serious conditions that have become debilitation, then the possibility of life insurance approval at a Standard rating can be improved considerably.
- What, if any, type of medications do you take following a Guillain Barre Syndrome attack? If you currently take any type of prescribed medications following a Guillain Barre Syndrome attack – especially medications that are for heart conditions – then this could indicate a sign of moderate complication. This could place your policy into a Substandard rating category.
- What type of therapy have you required following the more acute period of Guillain Barre Syndrome? If you have required longer physical therapy sessions than what is typically required, it could be an indication that you have more serious complications during the more acute period of your condition. This, too, may place your life insurance policy into a Substandard policy rating category.
- Have you had other types of complications during confinement for your condition? If you have had other types of complications such as muscle contractures or bedsores during confinement for Guillain Barre Syndrome, then it is likely that your policy will receive a Substandard rating.
In addition to these specific questions about your Guillain Barre Syndrome, other factors will also be considered when the underwriters are considering your application for life insurance coverage. These will include information about your:
- Height and weight
- Smoking status / tobacco usage
- Alcohol usage
- Occupation and income (if applicable)
- Participation in dangerous or risky hobbies (if applicable)
In most cases, life insurance policies that are traditionally underwritten will also require that the applicant take a medical exam. This typically entails the submission of a blood and urine sample. These samples are reviewed for particular health conditions that may be of risk to the insurance company for a claim.
Once the underwriters have thoroughly reviewed all of the information, they will be able to then make a determination on the applicant’s status. If the application is approved for coverage, the underwriters will also be able to determine the amount of premium to charge for his or her life insurance coverage.
How Much Will the Premiums Cost?
The premium that you will be charged for your policy will depend upon the rating that your policy is given by the underwriters. If you fall into the Standard rating class, it will mean that your policy falls into the class with other Standard, or “average,” policy holders who are essentially of average health, height, and weight.
If, however, you have certain complications with your condition, your policy may fall into a Substandard policy rating. This means that the underwriters feel that you present more of a risk to the insurance company. This being the case, the premium that is charged will be higher than that for Standard policies in order to compensate for the higher amount of risk that the insurance company is taking on.
How to Obtain Life Insurance Approval with Guillain Barre Syndrome
For those who have Guillain Barry Syndrome and are seeking life insurance coverage, it is usually best to compare several insurance companies and policies before moving forward with a purchase. This is because the premiums may differ a great deal from one to another.
We can help when you make these comparisons – and we can make this process easy, fast, and convenient. We work with many of the top rated life insurance companies in the industry today, are specialists in obtaining affordable rates for high risk cases, and we can help you to obtain the information and the premium quotes that you need within just seconds – right from your home computer.
In order to get the process started, just fill out the form on this page. We also understand that you may still have many questions about obtaining life insurance with Guillain Barre Syndrome. Our experts are available to answer any of the questions or concerns that you may have. They can also walk you through obtaining quotes or explaining any of the other details that you may need. Please feel free to contact us, toll-free, at 888-229-7522 and we’ll be happy to help.
We know that obtaining life insurance in the past may have been difficult – so we want to make the process as easy as possible for you this time around. Click or call us today and you’ll be on your way to obtaining the life insurance protection that you and your family need in order to obtain the peace of mind that you desire.