Through the years, life insurance companies have continued to tweak their underwriting and have different categories and rates for people of every kind of health and situation.
If you’re like most people, the thing keeping you from buying coverage is the price you’ll pay or the fear of being declined. With Chronic bronchitis, getting life insurance might be simpler than you think.
With a little bit of preparation and help from experts, you can secure a life insurance plan at a price which might stun you.
What the Life Insurance Underwriters Will Want To Know About You
Before we show you where to buy life insurance, we want to give you an idea of what questions they are going to ask. Each company will have a different set of questions, but here are some of the basics:
- How long have you been diagnosed? The longer you’ve managed the condition, the better it’s going to look. If you’ve recently received your diagnosis, then they might be wary.
- Have you suffered from the more common symptoms of chronic bronchitis such as a fever, cough, or fatigue, then it is not a positive sign to the life insurance underwriters. In this case, it is more likely that you could receive a policy rating of Severe Substandard, as well as a much higher amount of premium quote.
- What, if any, medications are you taking for your condition? It may be necessary for you to take medication to help in controlling your condition. If this is the case, you need to comply with your doctor’s orders and take the medication as prescribed. Otherwise, you will not likely be controlling your condition in the correct manner, and you could obtain a policy rating of a Medium or even a Severe Substandard, depending on your overall condition.
- Do you have regularly scheduled check-ups with your pulmonologist? Having regularly scheduled check-ups with your pulmonologist is viewed as a positive to the insurance underwriters, as this shows that you are attempting to control your condition. By doing so, you may be able to obtain a Mild Substandard rating.
- In the past year, have you went through any other testing? This could be chest exams or blood tests. Anything which might give the underwriting some of the missing pieces of your health.
- What, if any, lifestyle changes have you made in order to help in controlling your chronic bronchitis? Helping to control your condition can also be done by implementing various lifestyle changes such as reducing stress, exercising, and changing your diet. Doing any or all of these things will be viewed as a positive move in the eyes of the insurance underwriters.
As we mentioned, some companies are going to ask different questions depending on their underwriting. Some companies will want more info, while others are going to require more info.
How to Help in Getting Approved for Life Insurance with Chronic Bronchitis
Having a serious health problem, like chronic bronchitis can change a lot of parts of your life. It doesn’t have to be a major roadblock to your life insurance coverage.
Before you apply, try and beef up the rest of your health. You’ve already got some red flags on your application (bronchitis), you want to eliminate any other concerns from the standpoint of the agency. This could mean eating better, getting off some medications, or losing weight. Whatever it takes, getting in the best shape will keep cash in your pocket.
The secret tip is to connect with an insurance agent who specializes in high-risk clients. Having chronic bronchitis makes you high risk, but it doesn’t make it impossible to qualify for coverage.
It doesn’t matter what your health looks like, what your job is, or if you’ve been diagnosed with a high-risk health problem. Having an expert on your side can be the make or break difference.
Do you want someone who has been in the industry for years and has seen just about every kind of pre-existing condition? Look no further than our agents!
We work with more than 40 companies, some of them known for giving life insurance to people in less than excellent health. We will do everything we can to find a company with cheap life insurance and then present your application in the best possible way. We will be in your corner fighting for cheap coverage.