Having a heart issue can make your life insurance search more difficult than normal. Yet, due to your health issues, it is that much more important that you obtain this insurance protection. The great news, is even if you been declined coverage in the past, we can still help you find a policy that more closely fits your needs – and your premium budget.
How? We work with many life insurance carriers – and we are familiar with which companies specialize in dealing with “higher risk” cases. Because of that, we can point you in the right direction when it comes to applying for coverage. This can end up saving you many hours of time and frustration as you go through the application process.
What the Life Insurance Company Will Need to Know
As you apply for life insurance with an Atrial flutter, there are some things that the underwriters will want to know specifically about your condition. This will help them in determining more clearly how your condition is affecting your overall health. Your answers will also help them in pricing the premium for your policy.
Some of the questions that you may be asked could include the following:
- What year were you diagnosed with artrial flutter? Atrial flutter is considered to be a progressive health condition. If this condition is not monitored and controlled, it can worsen over time.
- In the last six months what symptoms, if any, have shown themselves regarding your condition? Some of the more common symptoms that are associated with Atrial flutter can include shortness of breath, chest pains, and palpitations. If you have experienced any of these over the past 6 months, it is possible that your life insurance policy would be rated as Mild to Severe Substandard. This means that, although you may still be able to obtain a policy, the premium would be much higher than average.
- Are there any prescriptions that you currently take? Depending on the medications that you have been prescribed – if any – it could be either a positive or a negative. What this means is that if the medication is able to help in controlling your symptoms, it will be a positive. If, however, the medication is not able to help with your condition and you are still having complications – especially to your heart – then it could also lead to issues with approval on your life insurance coverage. In certain instances, you could be accepted, however, it is likely to be as a Severe Substandard rating.
- Are there regularly scheduled visits to your cardiologist? Having regularly scheduled check-ups with your cardiologist will be considered a positive because this shows that you are working to control and manage your condition. Because your cardiologist is typically the best person to advise you regarding your Atrial flutter, he or she can help you in developing a plan of care, as well as in monitoring you along the way. The life insurance underwriters may be able to use information and records that are obtained from your cardiologist in helping to determine an appropriate life insurance policy rating for you.
- Over the past 12 months, have you had any relevant diagnostic or lab testing performed with regard to your Atrial flutter? If you have had any type of lab or other diagnostic testing performed over the past 12 months such as a 2D echocardiogram or an ECG, the results of these tests may be used by the insurance underwriters in determining your policy class.
These questions are part of the medical exam that will take place before the carrier lets you know your final quote.
Taking the Next Step Towards Obtaining Life Insurance with an Atrial Flutter
When shopping for life insurance with an Atrial flutter, we can guide you towards an insurer that may be more appropriate for your particular coverage needs.
If you should have any questions at all about obtaining life insurance coverage, or about comparing quotes directly from your home computer, feel free to contact us directly, by calling our experts toll-free at 888-229-7522. We want to ensure that you obtain the life insurance coverage – and the peace of mind – that’s right for you and those whom you love.