Anyone with an adverse health issue known how difficult it can be to qualify for life insurance coverage. If you’ve applied for a policy in the past, it is possible that you’ve even been declined. Yet, just because you have a health condition, it doesn’t lessen your and your loved ones’ need for insurance protection. Therefore, it is important to know where to shop.
If you’ve been diagnosed with Paget’s disease and you need life insurance, we can help. There are life insurance companies that specialize in working with higher risk cases – and even if you’ve been turned down in the past, you may still qualify by going through one of these alternative channels.
What Information Will the Life Insurance Company Need?
Paget’s Disease is described as being a chronic disorder that results in enlarged, and oftentimes also deformed, bones. Because of this, fractures in the bones can frequently occur, as well as arthritis in the individual’s joints.
When shopping for life insurance with Paget’s Disease, the life insurance underwriters will need to know more in depth information regarding your health condition. Some of the questions that you are likely to be asked when applying for your coverage may include the following:
- When were you initially diagnosed with your condition? If you were diagnosed early, it is possible that you now have your condition under good control. And, if you have no major complications due to your condition – provided that the condition has been considered stable for at least six to twelve months – it is possible that you may qualify for a Standard policy rate.
- What condition-related symptoms – if any – have you experienced within the past six months? Some of the common symptoms that are related to Paget’s Disease include bone enlargement or deformity. If you have experienced such symptoms, it could mean that the condition is progressing and that you may be unable to qualify for a Standard policy rating at that time.
- What, if any, medications are you currently taking for your condition? Oftentimes, those who have been diagnosed with Paget’s Disease are prescribed medication due to bone pain. If this is the case, the life insurance underwriters may need additional information from your doctor in order to make a determination regarding your policy approval and premium rate.
- Do you visit your doctor or other medical professional regularly due to your condition? If so, this could be a positive sign that you are controlling your condition. This could also be seen as a plus in your favor by the life insurance underwriters.
- What, if any, relevant diagnostic testing have you had performed within the past twelve months? One of the best methods of assessing your actual health condition is to review any recent lab tests that you’ve had performed for alkaline phosphatase level or any diagnostic testing such as bone scans or x-rays. This, too, shows that you are helping to control your condition – and this can help you to possibly get a better premium rating on your coverage.
- Have you been diagnosed with any other medical conditions? If you have been diagnosed with any other medical conditions, you will need to note this on your application for coverage as well. Issues such as bone pain and arthritis can be of particular interest to the underwriters as they may be signs that you need additional evaluation before the underwriters can make a final determination.
In addition to the detailed information on your Paget’s disease, the life insurance underwriters will also evaluate your application based on your:
- Height and weight
- Smoking habits / tobacco usage
- Occupation and income (if applicable)
- Hobbies and lifestyle
In addition to your own health history, the underwriters will also want to know your family health history. This will help them in determining any possible future health conditions that you may be prone to. You will also be asked to submit a blood and urine sample so that the underwriters can test for certain other health conditions that could pose any risk to the life insurance company.
How to Apply for Life Insurance with Paget’s Disease
Because there are numerous life insurance carriers in the industry, the premium costs can vary a great deal – even for the same amount of coverage. Therefore, it is important to do your research and to compare several policies before moving forward with your purchase. In doing so, it is oftentimes best to work with a company that is not bound to just one or two life insurance carriers and / or policies.
If you have Paget’s Disease and you are ready to apply for life insurance coverage, we can help you to find the best coverage at the best premium cost. We work with many of the top life insurers for illness in the marketplace today, and we can help in pointing you towards the carriers that specialize in higher risk cases. This can greatly improve your chances of being approved – saving you countless hours of time and frustration throughout the application process.
In order to compare policy benefits and premium quotes, you can start by using the form on this page. If you have any additional questions about applying for coverage, obtaining quotes for coverage, or even about life insurance in general, please feel free to contact us, toll-free, at 888-229-7522 and our experts will be happy to help.