Anyone with an adverse health issue known how difficult it can be to qualify for life insurance coverage. If you’ve applied for a policy in the past, it is even possible that you’ve been declined. Yet, just because you have a health condition, it doesn’t lessen your and your loved ones’ need for insurance protection. Therefore, it is important to know where to shop.
If you’ve been diagnosed with Paget’s disease and you need life insurance, we can help. There are life insurance companies that specialize in working with higher risk cases – and even if you’ve been turned down in the past, you may still qualify by going through one of these alternative channels.
What Information Will the Life Insurance Company Need?
Paget’s Disease is described as being a chronic disorder that results in enlarged, and oftentimes also deformed, bones. Because of this, fractures in the bones can frequently occur, as well as arthritis in the individual’s joints.
When shopping for life insurance with Paget’s Disease, you will need to think about the period of your diagnosis and other aspects of your life while you’ve dealt with this disease. Any underwriter you talk to will ask you some form of these questions below:
- When were you initially diagnosed with your condition? If you were diagnosed early, it is possible that you now have your condition under good control. And, if you have no major complications due to your condition – provided that the condition has been considered stable for at least six to twelve months – it is possible that you may qualify for a Standard policy rate.
- What condition-related symptoms – if any – have you experienced within the past six months? Some of the common symptoms that are related to Paget’s Disease include bone enlargement or deformity. If you have experienced such symptoms, it could mean that the condition is progressing and that you may be unable to qualify for a Standard policy rating at that time.
- Are there prescriptions you’ve been advised to take? How have they managed your condition? Were there any change in doses, or types of medications?
- Do you visit your doctor or another medical professional regularly due to your condition? If so, this could be a positive sign that you are controlling your condition. This could also be seen as a plus in your favor by the life insurance underwriters.
- What, if any, relevant diagnostic testing have you had performed within the past twelve months? One of the best methods of assessing your actual health condition is to review any recent lab tests that you’ve had performed for alkaline phosphatase level or any diagnostic testing such as bone scans or x-rays. This, too, shows that you are helping to control your condition – and this can help you to possibly get a better premium rating on your coverage.
- Are there other medical conditions you deal with? Issues such as bone pain and arthritis can be of particular interest to the underwriters as they may be signs that you need additional evaluation before the underwriters can make a final determination.
In addition to your own health history, you’ll need to explain your family’s health history to allow the carrier to determine possible future health conditions that you may be prone to. You will also be asked to submit a blood and urine sample so that the underwriters can test for certain other health conditions that could pose any risk to the life insurance company.
It’s important that you improve the other areas of your life. Your pre-existing condition is going to mean that you already have a red flag on your application, but that doesn’t mean that you have to pay a fortune every month for your life insurance protection. Making simple changes like cutting out any tobacco that you currently use. If you’re a tobacco-user, then you’re going to be facing much higher premiums.
How to Apply for Life Insurance with Paget’s Disease
Because there are numerous life insurance carriers in the industry, the premium costs can vary a great deal – even for the same amount of coverage. Therefore, it is important to do your research and to compare several policies before moving forward with your purchase. In doing so, it is oftentimes best to work with a company that is not bound to just one or two life insurance carriers and/or policies.
If you have Paget’s Disease and you want coverage now, let our agents at Insurenow365 be your guide to finding the best coverage that fits in your budget. Since we work with so many different life insurance carriers, we will give you quotes to compare. Especially carriers that specialize in high-risk cases.
In order to get these comparisons of policy benefits and premium quotes, fill out the form on the left. If you have pressing questions or concerns our phone lines are open, and there are agents waiting. Our goal is to make you knowledgeable and keep your finances secure.