Qualifying for life insurance can sometimes be a challenge. This is definitely the case if you have any variety of a major health issue – or a related condition, such as a pacemaker due to heart trouble in the past.
If you have been rejected for life insurance at some point in your past, you may have felt like you have no confidence of getting coverage in the future. The good news is, though, there are still ways to get it – and we can help you to do so. Oftentimes, getting the protection that you desire just entails knowing where to look.
What the Insurance Company will Want to Know
If you are trying to get insurance and you have a pacemaker, the underwriters will probably ask you for more in-depth details concerning your health status – and especially about your pacemaker. Some of the topics that you will most likely be asked about will incorporate the following:
- When did you initially have your pacemaker installed? When reviewing your application for life insurance, it is vital that your body is used to your pacemaker and that everything is running smoothly. Therefore, if you have had your pacemaker for at least three months, then there is a good chance that – provided you have a normal heart rate and rhythm – you can qualify for coverage. It will also be important that during your surgery for implanting the pacemaker there were no complications. If you have not yet had your pacemaker for three months, it may be necessary to wait until at least that amount of time has elapsed until you will pass for life insurance protection.
- Across the past three months, have you endured any chest pains? If throughout the past three months, you have experienced any chest pains, it is possible that these pains could be due to the pacemaker. If this is the case, it may be seen as a negative – and there is a chance that your policy could be declined, or that your policy would be accepted, but at a Substandard rating.
- Do you regularly schedule check-ups with your cardiologist? If you have regularly scheduled check-ups with your cardiologist, this will be viewed by the life insurance underwriters as a positive in that you are taking more control of your health and that you are also monitoring and managing your pacemaker. Doing this can help in obtaining a better life insurance policy rating.
- Do you currently take any type of medication due to your condition? If so, would any of your current medications cause SA Node dysfunction? The life insurance underwriters will need to understand if you are using any sort of medicine due to your condition, and if so, what type. If will be especially important to establish whether or not you still have any type of abnormal heart function. The types of medication that may cause SA Node dysfunction include Digitalis and beta blockers.
- Do you currently possess any other kind of health status or circumstances that could have an influence on the function of your SA Note impulses? It is important to also let the underwriters grasp if you have any other kind of medical conditions. Certain diseases such as hyperkalemia, myocardial infarction, or systemic lupus erythematosus could cause damage to your heart, which could also lead to a substandard life insurance policy rating. Depending on the severity of the condition, it may lead to a decline.
In addition to this info, the life insurance underwriters will additionally analyze other information on your application such as old you are, if you’re a male or female, how tall you are, how much you weigh, smoking habits, if you use tobacco, marital status, profession and salary, hobbies, and overall health history.
There is a very good chance you will have to take a medical exam. This will entail the submission of a urine and blood sample. These samples will be investigated for other specific health conditions that could be considered risks to the insurance company in terms of potential claims.
When all of your info has been collected, the underwriters can then make a conclusive decision regarding whether or not to issue coverage to you and if so, what premium rate to charge.
Taking the Next Step to Purchasing Life Insurance with a Pacemaker
If you or someone that you know has a pacemaker and is ready to purchase life insurance, InsureNow 365 can help to make the process easy. We work alongside several of the best life insurance corporations in the nation, and we can assist you in narrowing down the companies that will operate best for you and your particular situation. We understand that you may not qualify for coverage with all life insurers, so we can help you to move towards the ones that specialize in working only with higher risk applicants – in turn, saving you a big chunk of time along the way.
We will help you do all of this from the comfort and ease of your home laptop – without having to engage with an insurance agent in person. In just minutes you can compare policy benefits, and premium quotes. In order to get the method started, just fill out the application on this page.
If you do have any inquiries or concerns concerning how to purchase life insurance with a pacemaker, how to distinguish life insurance quotes, or even just about life insurance overall, we want to help you. Just give our experts a call, at 888-229-7522, and we will make sure that you’re on your way to obtaining the life insurance coverage that’s best for you and those you love.