Although some health conditions may not be as serious as others, it may still be challenging to obtain life insurance approval for those who have been diagnosed with various ailments – especially based upon their seriousness. This can be the case if you have endometriosis. The good news is, though, that there are ways that you can obtain the life insurance coverage that you need at an affordable premium, provided that you know where to look.
For most individuals who have endometriosis, traditional life insurance coverage is within reach. It is likely, however, that if you apply for a traditional life insurance policy, the underwriters will want to know in depth details regarding your condition.
What the Underwriters Will Want to Know Before Approving Your Life Insurance Application
When going through the life insurance application process, the underwriters will want to know certain information about your health condition. Some of the questions that you will likely be asked include the following:
- When were you initially diagnosed with your condition? Endometriosis is a health condition that can be controlled. Therefore, once you have been diagnosed and your condition is under control with medication or other methods, you will have a higher chance of obtaining approval for life insurance coverage.
- How severe are the symptoms of your condition? Although some of the common symptoms of endometriosis include painful menses and heavy bleeding, these symptoms typically do not pose a high risk to a woman – unless they are a sign of another, more serious health condition such as a malignant tumor. Therefore, even with such symptoms being present, it is likely that you can still qualify for life insurance.
- Have you undergone any type of surgical procedures for the purpose of managing your Endometriosis in the past? If you have required any type of surgical procedure in the past due to your condition, the life insurance underwriters may require a more thorough medical exam before they can approve your application for coverage. This is especially the case if you have had more than just one surgery due to your condition.
- Do you regularly visit your gynecologist for check-ups? If you have regularly scheduled visits with your gynecologist, it shows that you are working to control your condition, as well as helping to prevent any further conditions from occurring in the future. It may, however, still be necessary for the life insurance underwriters to order copies of your medical records from your gynecologist in order to confirm the absence of further complications of your condition.
- Do you have any type of family history of conditions such as ovarian or uterine cancer? If you do have a family history of these conditions, it may be necessary for you to submit to additional medical exams or testing before the underwriters can make a final determination on your application for coverage.
In addition to the specific information regarding your endometriosis, the underwriters will also review additional data that will factor into their decision making process. This will include criteria regarding your:
- Height and weight
- Smoking status / tobacco usage
- Alcohol usage
- Occupation and income (if applicable)
- Dangerous hobbies
In most cases, life insurance policies that are traditionally underwritten will require that the applicant submit a blood and urine sample. These samples will be reviewed for certain types of health conditions that may present additional risk of claim to the insurance company.
Once the underwriters have reviewed all of the applicant’s information, a decision can be made regarding the insurability of the individual, as well as a determination about how much to charger for the policy’s premium.
How Much Will the Policy Cost?
In many cases, those who obtain life insurance approval with endometriosis will be able to get Standard life insurance premium rates. This means that they will be charged the same rate as other people who are considered to be of average health, height, and weight within the same policy class.
In some cases, those who have had additional complications due to their endometriosis may be charged Substandard premium rates. This means that, even though their application for life insurance coverage will still be approved, they will be charged a higher amount of premium due to the higher amount of risk that the insurance company will be taking on.
One of the biggest factors that is going to impact how much you pay for your coverage is the size of the plan that you’re going to purchase. The larger the plan is, the more that you’re going to pay for life insurance coverage. It’s important that you get enough coverage for your loved ones, without paying for more than you need. Before you apply for any life insurance, you’ll need to calculate what your life insurance needs are.
There are several factors that go into deciding how much life insurance you’ll need, but the two biggest ones are your debts and your paycheck. The primary goal of life insurance is to give your loved ones the money that they need to pay off your final expenses and debt that you leave behind. Also, you should purchase a plan that is large enough to replace your salary if something tragic were to happen to you.
Increase the Chance of Getting Life Insurance Approval with Endometriosis
Your endometriosis diagnosis isn’t the factor that the life insurance company is going to look at when you apply for coverage. Before they accept your application, they are going to require that you take a medical exam (unless you choose a no exam policy). During the exam, the company is going to want an overall picture of your health to determine how much of a risk you are, the greater your risk, the higher your premiums are going to be. Perhaps you have health conditions such as someone needing whole life insurance for diabetics. If so, we can help you find the coverage you deserve.
The first way that you can increase your chances of getting approved is to start a healthy diet and getting regular exercise. Both of these can help you lose weight, lower your blood pressure, and reduce your chances of having any other health complications. All of these are going to translate into much lower insurance premiums. If you want to save money on your plan, and ensure that the company approves your application, it’s time to start hitting the gym.
The next way to improve your chances is by eliminating any tobacco that you currently use. If you’re listed as a tobacco-user on your application, you can expect to pay much higher premiums than someone that doesn’t use tobacco. In fact, smokers are going to pay twice as much for their life insurance versus what a non-smoker is going to pay for the same amount of coverage.
When applying for life insurance with endometriosis, it is always a good idea to check with more than one insurer. This way, you will be able to compare policy benefits as well as premium rates. When doing so, we can help.
Every insurance company is different, and all of them have different medical underwriting, which means that some of them are going to view endometriosis more favorably than other companies. Finding the perfect insurance company could be the difference between getting an affordable policy or purchasing one that is going to break your bank every month. Because there are so many companies on the market, you could spend weeks looking for the most affordable plan, or you can let us do all of the work for you.
At InsureNow365.com we work with many of the top rated life insurance companies in the marketplace today, and we can help you to find the one that will work for you, your coverage needs, and your budget. In order to get the process started, simply fill in the form on this page and submit. Within seconds, you will be able to compare quotes from many top insurers.
If you should have any questions about obtaining life insurance coverage with endometriosis, comparing life insurance premiums, or about life insurance overall, our experts can assist you. Please feel free to contact us, toll-free, at 888-229-7522. We want to ensure that you obtain the life insurance protection that you and your loved ones need in order to get the peace of mind that you deserve.
Not having life insurance is one of the worst mistakes that you could ever make for your loved ones. If something tragic were to happen to you, your loved ones would be left with a massive amount of debt and final expenses that could make the whole situation a thousand times worse. You would leave your family with thousands of dollars of expenses.
Because you never know what’s going to happen tomorrow, you shouldn’t wait any longer to get the life insurance protection that your family deserves. We know that finding the perfect life insurance plan can be a long and difficult process, but it doesn’t have to be. We can help you find the best plan to meet your needs.